Sunday, May 8, 2011

The best thing about Idaho

So today I'm feeling a little nostalgic so I figured I'd talk about the best thing about growing up in Idaho. Which is the people. I was born in Washington and lived in Tennessee before my family moved to Nampa, so I've never really been fond of the scenery here. Nor the cold, and, as anyone knows who has even visited Nampa, there's not a ton of stuff to do entertainment wise around here. So that leaves, as I said before, the people. Nowhere on earth will you find people like the one's here. there is such a diversity of personality and culture in the white hicks of idaho. There's people who are so down to earth and will give you the shirt off their backs if you need it. And there are others who are fantastic at what they do but will go out of their way to help you if you can't get it right. They are so much fun, and are determined to enjoy all of life. While working their butts off at the same time. At the moment I am living with a couple who I didn't really know before this. They were my little brothers piano teachers and when they heard that we were going to be homeless for the last few weeks of school they offered their home and hospitality to me my mother and my two younger brothers for as long as we needed it. Growing up I'd always call my friends moms "Mom" because thats what they pretty much were to me. The best thing about Idaho is the people. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment