Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Favorite Memories of High-school.

One of my favorite memories of high school was sophomore year when I was home-schooled. Not the I don't absolutely love going to a publicish high school, I just have really good memories of that year. During that year I got to know my best friend. I was already friends with his sisters but hadn't gotten to know him very well until we got cast together as Beatrice and Benedict in a play our group was doing. It was most fun play I have ever done. We did it as pirates. Dorky, but incredibly enjoyable. We've been friends ever since. Most of the people in that particular home-school group I'd known since I was ten or younger and it was so much fun running around putting everything together and trying to explain to the younger kids what the Shakespearean meant and that they actually had to put some emotion into it when they said their lines. And that memorizing them was a good idea too. But it turned out adorable and I miss it a lot. Even the weirdoes that stereotype home-schoolers as those kids who can't talk to people and read books all the time. With glasses. I thought I'd be glad to stop being home-schooled when I got out of it. But I found out I really love the people you meet. Even the ones just on this side of crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment