Friday, February 4, 2011

Gymnastics Serenity.

I have been doing gymnastics for about a year now. It is so wonderful. After all the stress of the day and having to deal with school, homework, and all the personal junk that goes on in everyone's life, I step out onto the floor and it all disappears. I forget everything. There is just me and the floor, in a constant battle against myself where I must be the winner, I work on whatever the teacher asks me to do for the period. As  I went to gymnastics last night, I wondered if it would really be a good idea. I had hurt my foot earlier in the day and if I injured it I would be in big trouble. But as soon as i step onto the floor it goes away. There is no pain. Just me and the floor. And so I run, and jump, and fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment